The purpose of Comfort Hospice and Palliative Care is to deliver quality care by a team of professionals who will provide comprehensive Hospice services for our patients and families in the setting they may call home. We are here to foster a partnership with our patients and families through education, compassionate care, medical, social and spiritual support.
Our philosophy acknowledges that each person has lived a precious and full life, and we value their past, while preparing for the reality that is to come. Death is a universal fact of life and dying is a natural process. Even so, facts of life are often most difficult to accept. Knowing this, we are available to assist those nearing the end-of-life, and their families and caregivers, who are in need of refuge, comfort and personalized care
We pride ourselves on creating a system of care designed to restore dignity and provide a sense of personal fulfillment to the dying. By providing for, and supplementing in all aspects of end-of-life care (including incontinence supplies, skin care supplies and durable medical equipment), we are able to help place the focus where it belongs: on the individual & their loved ones. For us, it’s always about the quality of our heart-felt and experienced care. Here at Comfort Hospice, we “cure sometimes, treat often, COMFORT always” .
Our goals as a Hospice Care Team are to offer quality care to all terminally ill people and their families, regardless of age, gender, nationality, race, creed, sexual orientation, disability, availability of a primary caregiver, or ability to pay.
We strive to:
- Treat everyone with respect and dignity
- Provide the highest quality of services and continuity of care
- Acknowledge and embrace religious, ethnic and cultural diversity
- Encourage patient and family empowerment through education and choice
- Maintain confidentiality and personal privacy
- Provide services during both end of life and bereavement
- Work cooperatively with community agencies to ensure appropriate referral and care for all patients who are eligible for and desire hospice services
- Act as a community resource for all persons experiencing end of life situations and bereavement
- Provide educational opportunities for staff, patients, families and community members to facilitate growth and understanding of end of life issues and the hospice concept of care
- Provide optimum working conditions and support systems for all Hospice staff to facilitate excellence in carrying out the responsibilities to our patients
We believe in a hospice philosophy caring for the “whole” person; providing comfort measures and alleviating the symptoms of this painful life’s phase. Which then subsequently relieves suffering, improves quality of life and maintains well-deserved dignity. The idea behind our palliative approach to hospice care, is to provide these methods of “Comfort” through our interdisciplinary team approach. Our interdisciplinary teams includes doctors, chaplains, nurses, social workers, hospice aides, and volunteers which care for and maintain each individual’s needs. Whether the need is medical, social or spiritual, our team approach finds its foundation on trusted relationships with the patient, family, and caregivers.
Our staff not only has a vast array of educational credentials but also has decades upon decades combined years of hands-on and direct-care experience as providers in the geriatric and end-of-life fields. We understand what it means to spend your days and nights caring for, and losing a loved one. As such, we take pride in our work and consider it an honor to care for each of our hospice patients.